The Zen Den
Hi! Ciao! ¡Hola! Cześć! Salut! Hallo! Welcome to the forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Zen Den
Hi! Ciao! ¡Hola! Cześć! Salut! Hallo! Welcome to the forum!
The Zen Den
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin
https://thezenden.forumotion.com

Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire! Empty Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire!

Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:39 am
Hi Zen Denners,

I know we all have favourite quotes, mantras, little things that uplift us and have special meaning. I thought I’d make a thread for sharing just that! So if you have a favourite or you stumble upon some words of wisdom or inspiration, even a song, please feel free to share them here to inspire others Smile

“It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love.” - John Lennon
Perseo

Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire! Empty Re: Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire!

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:45 am
"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the more often and steadily we reflect upon them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me. I do not seek or conjecture either of them as if they were veiled obscurities or extravagances beyond the horizon of my vision; I see them before me and connect them immediately with the consciousness of my existence."

Immanuel Kant

Innisfree
Innisfree

Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire! Empty Re: Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire!

Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:53 pm
“Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.
It is up to you to give [life] a meaning.”

Jean Paul Sartre

“The more sand that has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.”

Jean Paul Sartre

“An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself. I like this, because I am happy to be both halves, the watcher and the watched. "Can they be brought together?" This is a practical question. We must get down to it. "I despise intelligence" really means: "I cannot bear my doubts.”

Albert Camus
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 pm
“Peace is stronger than war because it heals. War is division, not increase. No one gains from strife. What profiteth it a man if he gain the whole world and lose his own soul?’’ - A Course In Miracles
Innisfree
Innisfree

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:13 pm
Thanks for sharing such inspiring quote LAURELITE, It is AD HOC to all what is happening in Chile, All we need is peace in our lives.

A big hug from the southernmost country of south America,

SAT-CHIT-ANANDA
Britannica
Britannica
https://juniperandhazels.co.uk

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:57 am
"We can ask and ask but we can't have again what seemed ours forever" – L.L. Carr (from A Month in the Country)

It seems a little sad and nostalgic, but I like this quotation a lot since it reminds me of letting things go and not clinging to people or events that are in the past.

Perseo

Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:55 pm
“I am not of any age or place. Outside time and space, my soul lives its eternal existence."
Cagliostro
Perseo

Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:37 pm
"Love is enough: though the World be a-waning..."
William Morris( the beginning of a beautiful poem)
Britannica
Britannica
https://juniperandhazels.co.uk

Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:01 pm
“Any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.” –– Homer, The Iliad
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:13 pm
“Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace!
That where there is hatred, I may bring love.
That where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness.
That where there is discord, I may bring harmony.
That where there is error, I may bring truth.
That where there is doubt, I may bring faith.
That where there is despair, I may bring hope.
That where there are shadows, I may bring light.
That where there is sadness, I may bring joy.
Lord, grant that I may seek rather to comfort, than to be comforted.
To understand, than to be understood.
To love, than to be loved.
For it is by self-forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to Eternal Life.”

Excerpt From:
The Universe Has Your Back
Gabrielle Bernstein
‘The prayer of St Francis of Assisi’
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:49 pm
‘Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.’ - Margaret Mead
Perseo

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:29 pm
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars, to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman 

Innisfree
Innisfree

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:37 pm
"Podrán cortar todas las flores, pero no podrán detener la primavera"
"You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming"

Pablo Neruda
Perseo

Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Love, love madly, love more than you can and if they say that it's sin, love your sin and you'll be innocent.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:59 pm
“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.” - John Lennon, 9th October 1940 - 8th December 1980

Quotes, Mantras, and Words to Inspire! 567e6e10
Perseo

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm
"The sincere friends of this world are as ship lights in the stormiest of nights."😉☕
Giotto di Bondone
Innisfree
Innisfree

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:50 pm
見ぬが花。/ Minu ga hana/ Not seeing is a flower What a Face

Explanation: it figuratively means that reality can't compete with our imagination, Do you guys agree with this old japanese proverb?.

またね! Hasta luego!,

Innisfree
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:19 am
Hola and Ciao my friends!
Innisfree, I’ve never heard this before, thank you so much for sharing - I love it! Yes, I agree entirely.

‘ Everything you gain in life will rot and fall apart, and all that will be left of you is what was in your heart.

That peace that we’re after, lies somewhere beyond personality, beyond the perception of others, beyond invention and disguise, even beyond effort itself. You can join the game, fight the wars, play with form all you want, but to find real peace, you have to let the armor fall. Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world. Don’t let anything stand in the way of the light that shines through this form. Risk being seen in all of your glory.

No matter what you gain, ego will not let you rest. It will tell you that you cannot stop until you’ve left an indelible mark on the earth, until you’ve achieved immortality. How tricky is the ego that it would tempt us with the promise of something we already possess.

Your job is not to figure out how it’s going to happen for you, but to open the door in your head and when the doors open in real life, just walk through it. Don’t worry if you miss your cue. There will always be another door opening. They keep opening.

You will only ever have two choices: love or fear. Choose love, and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.’ - Jim Carrey
Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:33 pm
“Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.”
– Woodrow T. Wilson

With love...
Perseo

Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:45 am
 "I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death."
Robert Fulghum

Perseo

Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:18 pm
“If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.“
John Lennon

“You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.”
Max Ehrmann
Perseo

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:58 pm

"Be kind, have courage and always believe in a little magic"
Cinderella

Perseo

Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:58 pm
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy."
Anne Frank

Laurelite
Laurelite
Admin

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:42 pm
‘Run my dear,
From anything
That may not strengthen
Your precious budding wings.’
- Hafiz
Perseo

Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:17 pm
"There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more,
From these our interviews, in which I steal
From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne’er express, yet cannot all conceal"
Lord Byron
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum